> Hi, I'm Christian.
I am currently a Software Engineer at Video Gaming Technologies (VGT).
Prior to this position, I was a Software Test Engineer at Accenture.
I have recently become very interested in Machine Learning and plan to pursue a M.S. in Computer Science in the near future.
Please feel free to contact me here
Pertinent classes taken at Harvey Mudd College :
• Member of Server Development team
• Help maintain and introduce new features to the Application Management Console (AMC)
• Partake in unit testing and code reviews
• Placed 2nd in training group and achieved Mastery Level in the Duck Creek (an insurance policy software suite) software boot-camp assessment
• Plan, construct, and execute test scripts for the Geico Duck Creek Billing Team
• Apply functional knowledge, including testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology to meet the team's overall test objectives
• Reduced time for environment setup for future Geico resources by 85% (from a week to one day)
• Automated weekly process by writing DOS script for SQL script updates
• Ensure testing results are easily accessible and understandable
• Track defects to closure and kept defect repository up-to-date
• Held Knowledge Transfer (KT) sessions to onboard new Geico resources
• Recognized by peers for helping other Nashville resources assigned to other client projects
• Partake in daily and weekly scrum meetings with Team Leads and Project Managers
• Responsible for content development in Policy team by using the Duck Creek Author software
• Helped enhance the graphical features of the Satellite Orbit Analysis Program (SOAP) as part of an industry-sponsored project by using C++, Visual Studio, and qt
• Contributed to the Statement of Work (SOW) presented to company liaisons
• Implemented realistic smoke into a standalone qt application as one of the final deliverables
• Partook in weekly teleconferences with the company liaisons
• Presented results to high-level managers and liaisons at The Aerospace Corporation and to students and faculty
• Self-taught C++
• Debugged and optimized GSAD, an Algorithmic Differentiation program in C++ that exploits matrix sparsity
• Updated CubeSat CAD files using Creo Parametric 2.0/Pro Engineer
• Aided in the construction and preparation of carbon fiber panels for CubeSat
• Obtained a Ham radio license
• Assisted in the construction, optical alignment, and maintenance of a low-cost Adaptive Optics (AO) system
• Installed and tested Linux OS and imaging cameras for use in the AO system
• Developed Python scripts that updated users on system status
Below are some of my projects.
Programmed an AR Drone 2.0 to be controlled with hand gestures using Python, ROS, and a Leap Motion. Click here to see how my partner and I did it along with some demos!
• Implemented odometry localization, point-tracking, particle filter localization, and image processing on a Dr. Jaguar Lite robot
• Placed 2nd in class in a team competition
Implemented line tracking, laser-based navigation, and image processing with a Kinect Camera and Rumba robot. Click here to read more.
Final Project in Experimental Engineering:
• Successfully built, flew, and recovered a Barracuda rocket 3 times using different motors (H115DM-14A, etc)
• Analyzed data from different rocket motors and pressure sensors that my team calibrated
Final Project in Structural Mechanics course:
• Extended 2D Direct Stiffness Method MATLAB code developed in class into 3D Direct Stiffness Method
• Validated 3D Direct Stiffness Method code by analyzing bicycle wheel deformation
• Calculated tensions in bicycle wheel spokes by measuring frequencies of the spokes
Outside of work, I enjoy the following: